Kaleidoscope a Compendium of Trends Shaping Global Interior Design
Kaleidoscope is a new trend report, published bi-annually, looking at the seasons ahead and taking the pulse of the interior design industry through colours, textures, imaginative detailing and mood. The latest edition, issued at the turn of the year, looks at what can we expect from Spring/Summer 2019 in our homes.
Collated in house, the report analyses the market and trends. Noted within the report in SS19 there will be a deepening relationship between the fashion and interior sectors, with the bold colours and lavish finishes currently seen on catwalks being replicated in the home environment. The growing desire to be part of the design journey will increase in the UHNW community and the preference for handcrafted products will continue to grow, so that rather than reproduction furniture, there will be a desire for unique interiors pieces created by haute craftsmanship.
The new SS19 Kaleidoscope report looks at eight key trends influencing the latest interior design looks. These are:
1. Exuberance, a move away from clean lines, off whites and minimalism, it’s now about lavish colours, finishes and home décor lines;
2. Haute Craftsmanship, a celebration of the marrying of haute couture and the interior design world, where the finest materials and skills are being combined, marking a new-age of artistry and luxury;
3. Lighting as artwork and therapy, the new poetry of lighting in the home environment and light as its own artform, not simply an ingredient;
4. Dress-it-Décor, your home is now a fashion statement, the direct correlation from catwalk to cabinetry, cushions and the home;
5 Colourful Alchemy, five semi-precious stones influencing interiors, and working their way into the colour palettes;
6. Material imagination, a reawakening of the relationship between designer and marker;
7. My Space, a wider perspective on the yacht interior design sector, and the broadening relationship between residential and yacht design;
8. Exotics redefined, a celebration of exoticism in design, bringing character and context back into textiles, accessories and unique pieces.
To subscribe and receive a copy please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org